October 3th, 2014
Conference: A Subversive Atlas, For a new conception of borders and migrations in the 21st century
– Nicola Mai (Sociologist, ethnographer and filmmaker, University of Aix-Marseille/London Metropolitan University)
– Cédric Parizot (Anthropologist, University of Aix-Marseille)
– Lorenzo Pezzani (Architect)
In Italian and French, with simultaneous translation.
Works by Charles Heller et Lorenzo Pezzani, Joana Moll et Héliodoro Santos Sanchez, Nicola Mai, Cédric Parizot et Douglas Edric Stanley. Curated by Isabelle Arvers.
– Cédric Parizot and Douglas Edric Stanley, A Crossing Industry, video game, 2013. The development of the informal border economy between Israel and Cisjordany in the last 20 years.
– Nicola Mai, Samira, video installation, 2013, 26′. The embodiment of humanitarian biographical borders: the story of an Algerian transgender woman in France who is changing her gender again in order to return to her country of origin.
– Charles Heller and Lorenzo Pezzani, Liquid Traces, animation, 2013, 17′. A boat full of migrants leaves Libia and drifts away within the area of patrolling assigned to NATO.
– Joana Moll and Héliodoro Santos Sanchez, Texas Border, installation video, 2011. Images and videos taken from the private surveillance cameras monitoring the border between United States and Mexico in Texas.
French Institute in Italy